Well, after this week I will have two weeks left before I go back to work. Baby will take naps, but only on me or in the Baby Bjorn. Otherwise, it’s 30 minutes max in the vibrating chair. (The swing is collecting dust, she still screams in that. Somehow, she missed the memo that ALL babies love cars and swings!) Kinoko has adjusted so well to Nova’s presence that she has already tried sitting on her multiple times. Never mind that they probably weigh the same amount, and that Nova has no lap to speak of yet, that doesn’t dissuade this kitty! So here’s my checklist:
- Pumping: I am now pumping most days, and frozen bags are littered in the freezer.
- Bottle: Nope, Nova’s still not a fan. Holding out for daycare, I guess, when she realizes she will starve if she won’t take it.
- Car: She no longer screams the entire trip. She has even learned to take a nap on selected portions of a trip. Progress!
- Nighttime: She now will sleep next to me, rather than on me. I am undecided as to whether that is progress or not.
- Pants: I can now get into some of my regular pants, in that I can close the zipper. However, I am still battling the muffin top. But more of my wardrobe is available to me, as l0ng as I wear tunic-type of tops.
- Babysitting: Left Nova with Grandma for an hour and half. She was okay for the first hour, until she realized that the bottle was the only source of nourishment. She screamed herself out and fell asleep until I arrived, then sucked me dry.
- Walks: Now that it is not super freezing cold, I have taken Nova on a few walks in the park. Unless she’s hungry, she’s enjoyed them. Plus this helps me with my muffin top problem.
- Weights: I can now do air bench against the wall for a over a minute. This was a big goal for me, small steps. Still working on push ups. Yes, I am that lame, I cannot do one real push up. I hope by admitting that here I will push myself to change that shortly. Air bench has the advantage that I can do it with a baby strapped to my chest–push ups, I’d be afraid I’d slip up and squash her. Though she quite likes dead lifts.
- Eyes: Her eyes are still dark blue. Four months to go to see if they’re permanent.
- Random: Finally watched “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.” Loved it. Loved it so much that I’m currently memorizing the songs so I can sing along and have a crush on Neil Patrick Harris now. So not my usual type. Yes, though I credit my dad as being more influential, somehow my mom slipped in a random I-like-musicals gene that pops up now and then. My brother is also infected. I’m not proud, but I do like to sing. By myself, so no one can hear how awful my singing voice is.
And that’s it for now!